Today, I want to share with you another method of exfoliation in order to remove dead skin cells. A lot of us may feel lazy to use or to make body scrub as it is a little time consuming process. So, this method of exfoliation will definitely be an alternate solution to body scrub.
WHAT IS A PUMICE STONE ?
A very light and porous volcanic rock formed when a gas-rich froth of glassy lava solidifies rapidly. Now that is something which is scientific so to make it easier, a pumice stone is a very light weighted stone that has many pores on it which is used to take out hard skin.
WHERE CAN YOU USE THE STONE ?
- It can be used on any area to remove dead skin.
- The effects of pumicing are similar to the effects of shaving. The hair is removed close to the skin, rather than being pulled out.
- On your feet to remove calluses.
HOW TO USE IT ?
- Soak your calloused skin in warm water till it softens.
- Wet your pumice stone.
- once your skin is softened gently rub the stone over the area to get rid of the dead skin.
- Repeat this for the other areas as well
- Pat your skin dry.
- Moisturize your skin.
I am a very lazy person when it comes to making body scrub as I feel that it is too much of a task. I do use body scrub at times, but mostly I prefer using this stone as I was put into the habit of using it by my aunt. I used to use it as a tool for hair removal and I was also told that continuous use of it will stop the hair growth eventually and it definitely did. But as time passed I realized that the main purpose of this stone is to exfoliate the skin.
HOW I USE IT ?
- I clean the areas that I want to exfoliate with warm water as it helps to open the pores and makes the exfoliation process easier.
- I wet the stone and gently massage it in circular motion over those areas that need exfoliation.
- Once I’ve completed with exfoliation I go ahead with using a hair remover or I shave my legs.
- Sometimes I also use it after shaving as it help to remove ingrown hair that is caused mostly due to shaving.
- After patting it dry I moisturize my skin.
(If I don’t want to remove my hair I only go ahead with the 1st, 2nd and 5th step.)
HOW I CLEAN THE PUMICE STONE ?
- After using the stone I clean it by rinsing it once with water,
- Then I add a little hand wash or any shampoo to it and clean it with a toothbrush properly to take out the debris.
- I wash it off with water and leave it for drying, Some pumice stones come with a string attached that allows you to hang the stone to dry. If you let the stone stay wet, bacteria could grow in the pores, making it unsafe to use. Mine does not have one so I keep it on a clean cloth.
(Some stones may dry very fast whereas some may take some time.)
WHERE CAN YOU BUY THE PUMICE STONE ?
There are many beauty stores and websites that sell pumice stones from varied brands and are also cheaper as compared to buying body scrubs.
Many of us might think using a pumice stone or any body scrub might be a waste of time but as I mentioned in my earlier post these things are very important as they help to to get rid of the dead skin cells allowing products to penetrate into the skin leaving it smooth and moisturized. So, i hope this post will help you in some way or the other. If you like what you read and if you think that it can be of some help to your family and friends then share it with them.
Also don’t forget to follow me on my other social media
Facebook: Elrena Bhosle